Friday, January 20, 2023

TCDB Trade Recap: Cards From Pen Argyl, PA

Sometimes you do trades just to help another collector out. Such was the case with a TCDB member named Jeff. Last autumn, Jeff had posted on the forums that he had a goal of reaching 100 trades before the end of the year, so I looked at his trade list to see if there was worth offering a trade for. He had a couple of Red Sox needs, plus I found some great oddball cards: 
 

The Gibson was a little beat up, which would have been nice to know beforehand, but it wouldn't have been a deal breaker anyway so I didn't bother mentioning it.

Favorite Card: The black and white action shot of Tris Speaker wins it for me!

Thanks for the trade Jeff! I hope you reached your 100 trade goal!

 

2 comments:

  1. I've had Speaker, Robinson, Mays and Bench since I was a kid. I have about half of the two Nestle sets (there was also one for active players). I almost never see them, so I'm glad I ate all that candy when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I love #42... the Speaker action shot steals the show. Fantastic looking card. Off to search eBay for a cheap complete set.

    ReplyDelete