Monday, January 2, 2023

Trying To Find Humor In An Unfortunate Discovery

Happy New Year! I hope 2023 brings good fortune and the completion of all your collecting goals!

If you have school-age kids, then chances are that any gift cards they may have gotten for Christmas needs to be spent immediately! Such was the case with my oldest daughter, who needed to buy new pants because of the holes the gift card burned while being stored in her pocket. No, actually, she wanted to buy some headphones, as well as some new posters for her room. I took her to Wal-Mart, the mecca of all things good, and let her wander about. We went to the book section, and it was there that I made this discovery:
 

I'm not here to voice my obvious anger that someone decided to use their 5-fingered gift card to steal something that someone else may have willingly purchased (not me). No, I would rather take in the whole picture and be amused that someone not only took two boxes of cards with no intent on paying for them, but expertly found the one section of Wal-Mart that probably doesn't have any cameras (especially those annoying ones that ding every time you pass by the aisle). Amongst the children's books, under the watchful eye of the Paw Patrol, our anti-hero held their own box break. I'm guessing they didn't even live stream it, that bastard. As a final act of defiance, they took their bounty and left a clever yet not-so-subtle "get bent" message to the almighty corporate powers of Wal-Mart, minus a victory bottle of course!
 
You wonder what goes through people's minds sometimes, and why they make the choice they do. I've worked in retail long enough to know that you can't stop these morons, but you can definitely make fun of them! 


5 comments:

  1. That certainly was a choice. Hope they got skunked with a bunch of crappy base cards and zero "sick hits" lol.

    I'm headed to Target a little later today. Fingers crossed I don't find anything like this on the shelves :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always stinks to see that. Just hope karma was around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, that sounds like a Walmart shopper, you can see where his head is at with the pilfering of a box of Sage. ... I'd be dusting those for fingerprints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like we live in an era (well... at least where I live) where some people aren't even afraid of getting caught. My friend works at a big clothing store and they've been on the news a few times because of these planned robberies during the middle of the store hours. It's pretty disheartening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We as a society could easily prevent this sort of thing from happening, but nobody wants to sacrifice any future votes to do what clearly needs to be done.

    ReplyDelete