Friday, July 7, 2017

SEC - Bracket Matchup #7

Extra! Extra! Rickey still the greatest!

The lone football card has been vanquished and baseball is all that remains, as it should be...

On to our next competitors!

1990 Donruss #6 Dave Stewart DK
VS
1955 Bowman #9 Gil McDougald


The Case for Dave Stewart: It's a Diamond King! Everyone loves Diamond Kings! Stewart was a linchpin for that A's powerhouse back in the late eighties/early nineties. One of the best intimidating stares in the business.

The Case for Gil McDougald: The original wood-grained card, this is just classic - back in the day when Color TV was exciting enough to be notated!

I have a suspicion as to who might win this one, but it's not about what I think! Show me who you love, blog readers!

3 comments:

  1. 1955 Bowman Gil McDougal. A 1955 Bowman could picture me and I would choose it over a 1990 Donruss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely have to go with Gil - '55 Bowman is too wonderful and classic of a set to be ignored.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never vote against a wood bordered card, so McDougal it is.

    ReplyDelete