Monday, June 7, 2021

OK Wal-Mart, Now You're Just Messing With Me

We begin this tale like many other tales...recent trip to Wal-Mart...checked the card isle...yada yada yada.

In this age of retail scarcity, I consider myself fortunate for the few packs here and there I have been able to acquire. So when I find cards, I'm grateful.

This time around, however, I didn't find any 2021 product. My local Wally World had about a dozen team sets from last year. Very odd. First of all, in the past few years, I've never seen team sets at Wal-Mart. (Usually I have to go to Target.) So it's unusual that these are at this particular store. Secondly, not once in my few travels last year did I see any team sets. It's not often a product makes its way to the shelves a year after its release.  It's all around a weird find. 

Of course I checked...only a few teams available: Cubs, a couple Brewers...ahh! There it is!
 
 
One more team set to add to the collection! A unusual find, but a happy one nonetheless! Thank goodness there are some products that the flippers won't touch!

5 comments:

  1. Glanced at the Walmart card aisle last time I was there and you nailed it: only a few scattered team sets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 weeks ago, the Walmart here had a slew of the BoSox and Cubs, no other teams. At first I was all giddy, then realized they were 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walmarts in my area haven't had cards in years. I had to grab my A's team set off the Topps website last year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this a thing that you open, or do you leave them sealed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done both, but for the past few years I've just been keeping them sealed.

      Delete