Friday, April 22, 2022

Trapped In Time: Remnants Of The 16th Trade

 

There's a touch of sadness associated with this month's post. My trade partner in this edition was Dawn, aka Doe, from the blog Now and Zen. Dawn was a well liked and respected blogger who unfortunately passed away a couple years ago from ALS. This trade ended a two month trade slump - without Dawn, the Time Travel Trade Project may have lost steam and ended before becoming the amazing project it is now.
 
 
Traded 06/08/18: 1995 Comic Images Phil Rizzuto's Baseball #24 New York Giants

Received 06/15/18:
  • 2018 Topps Opening Day - Before Opening Day #BOD-AB Andrew Benintendi (See Trade #19)
  • 2018 Topps Opening Day - Team Traditions and Celebrations #TTC-SC "Sweet Caroline" (See Trade #20)
  • 1980 Topps #143 Bruce Bochte
Dawn generously included a couple of  bonus Red Sox cards in our trade, and I decided to add them to the stack rather than keep them. They went fairly quickly, but the main card from the trade has sat in Time Travel Limbo ever since.
 
 
Unlike all the other cards I've previously shown off in this series (which were all from the 50's or earlier) I have a fair amount of hope someone will make a trade for this much more "recent" card. If not, then I'll retire it and add it to my collection. I'm not actively working on the 1980 Topps set, but it's a set I have over 50% of, including the key Henderson rookie.  I can see myself going for it someday, and the Bochte will make it one card easier to complete.

Last chance to add this former All-Star! Make me an offer!

3 comments:

  1. Outside of seeing the occasional card in a blog post, I don't check out the 1980 Topps set very often. But based on the Rickey and Stieb rookie cards and this Bochte, it has some fantastic action shots which pair nicely with the banner design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 1980 set. In my opinion its one of the more classic sets. That Rickey is iconic. Hit me up if you decide to chase the set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1980 is kind of stuck between vintage and modern. Also, the fake auto.

    ReplyDelete