Friday, April 29, 2022

Take Five


I am small potatoes. 
 
At least compared to some of our more distinguished bloggers, I feel I am. The Diamond Jesters blog celebrated its 5 year anniversary yesterday, which is pretty cool. Not anywhere as cool as Nick's 10 year anniversary, or Greg's 5,000th post, but cool in a smaller sense nonetheless. I started out as your typical middle aged guy rediscovering his childhood, a lurker reading all the great blogs out there. Eventually I started commenting here and there, and eventually it reached a point where I started up my own blog so I could engage more and join a community of like-minded souls. 5 years later and I haven't run out of things to post or cards to share. I've written hundreds of haiku, and watched a small time-travel themed idea I had grow into the most anticipated posts I write every month. It's been a fun ride.

5 years wouldn't have happened if it weren't for all of you. The bloggers that welcomed me into this unique little circle. The readers who took the time to glance at these posts and encouraged me to write more. The trade partners who continue to feed my enjoyment of the hobby. Thank you all.

With that it mind, it's time to take five. 
 
No, I don't mean I'm taking a break. It's time for you to take five...of my cards!

Being small potatoes doesn't mean I can't celebrate this anniversary with a giveaway, so that's what I'm going to do! Five years = five pocket pages of cards, and I invite anyone who wants them to claim up to five cards (with some exceptions I'll explain along the way). If you claim cards and have never traded with me before, please email me (mattkeppel -at- yahoo -dot- com) and make sure I have your address. Otherwise, claim away!
 

 Page 1

Claimed: Watson, Sosa

 Fun fact: That Pedro Alvarez was the first Repack Haiku!

 Page 2

Claimed: Stewart, Grace, Hayden, Dolphins

Page 3

Claimed: Finley, Smith, Hernandez, Cogdill, Freddy Grahams

The Wacky Packages card is part of a set I won awhile back. If you pick this card, I'll send all 10 cards, and the extras don't count towards the 5 limit.
 

Page 4

Claimed: Jeter
 

Page 5

Claimed: Bream, Luke, Glavine, Carter, Alou, Pujols, Jordan
 
My daughter recently celebrated her 15th birthday, and my father-in-law was quick to point out to her that she wasn't 15 so much as she was starting her 16th year. In that regard, since I'm starting my 6th year of blogging, here's a bonus page:
 

Page 6

 
These cards came in a bag of mostly baseball cards I found at Goodwill a long time ago. I can't really tell you much about them. The middle Avatar card in the top row is shiny, and the last one is thick, with a pull-tab element to it. If you happen to claim something from this page, don't be surprised if I throw a few extra bonus cards with it. I don't want them! ;)

Thanks for reading!
 
 


33 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 5 year Blogiversary. I'm a small potatoes blogging guy as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I enjoy your small potatoes blog as well!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for five years of fun blogging and trading! Can I claim :
    2-2 Stewart
    2-5 Hayden
    3-2 Finley
    3-6 El Duque
    5-1 Bream
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 5 yrs! Can I claim:
    2-2 Stewart
    3-8 Cogdill

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Bo claimed the Stewart, but I'll be happy to send Cogdill your way!

      Delete
  4. Good job on 5 years.

    1 - Steve Watson
    3 - Gail Cogdill
    5 - Tom Glavine, Jordan

    Please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cogdill's gone.

      3 - Freddy Grahams, please.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I had a feeling one of my Time Travel Trading regulars would take the Jordan!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on 5 years!
    I'd like to get the Alou and Carter on page 5 please.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Five years already? ... I'll claim two on Page 5, Matt Luke and Joe Carter. Thanks and thanks again for writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Carter got claimed by Mike before you, but the Luke is yours!

      Delete
  7. (F)I've gotta chime in here too in congratulating you on your 5th anniversary. Looking forward to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on five years! that's not a small feat.

    i'll claim the jeter (i'm a sucker for those yankee game inserts) and the pujols.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm. Potatoes. Happy 5th!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belated happy blogiversary! I don't suppose the 3 Cubs and that Dolphins card is still available?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, and I will be happy to send them to you!

      Delete