Friday, April 1, 2022

Head Over Heels!


 Update: Here's the post, right-side up for easier viewing ;)
 

Up until the last minute, I tried, The expectations were just too great. After my initial April Fools Day prank two years ago, I stepped up with an even bigger April Fools Day event last year. Both pranks involved a lot of preparation and coordination between dozens of willing bloggers. I must admit, I had no idea how to top last year. Then, and maybe it's just me, it seems a lot of bloggers have decided to take a hiatus or just flat out retire in the past year. Throw in the chaos of my home life (home refinancing/renovation mainly) and I just ran out of time to do anything big this year. In the end, I felt dialing back and keeping things simple would be the way to go this year.

You would think keeping it simple would be easy, but I still had to figure out what to do. I contemplated a few weird ideas, like translating my page into a foreign language, or changing the font color so the words matched the blog's background. Then I decided to pull a chestnut from my past. A long long time ago, I spent some time as the official computer instructor for a small Catholic school in my home town. Before April 1st, I'd show some of my classes how to use the Print Screen feature on their keyboard to make a copy of their background, paste it to MS Paint, invert it, then set that image as their background picture and then hide their desktop icons. They always thought it was a fun trick, and I never got an angry phone call from a victimized parent, either!
 
Give away alert! We interrupt our story to bring you this special announcement. If you've taken the time to actually try to read this post upside down, there's a prize to be had: be the first person to comment with the phrase "Juan Soto is standing on his head!" and I'll send you a special inverted version of this card. What makes it inverted you ask? Nothing, other than how I place it in the penny sleeve for you! We now return to our regularly scheduled post.



Gonna try and walk you through the process, so bear with me. I created the post, and used Blogger's Preview option to see how it would look. I then used the Windows snipping tool to create an image of the post, saved it, and inverted it. I then had to delete everything I typed in this post and replace it with the upside down image. I even threw in a card image to really mess with you!
 
Never mind that the first word in each paragraph will lead you to a bonus prank. I'm hoping that by next year I'll come up with something that involves the blogging community again. Those were a lot of fun, and I'm disappointed that I didn't have the time to pull off something like that this year.


7 comments:

  1. Juan Soto is standing on his head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, crap. I have a song stuck in my head now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I was wondering if you had anything planned this year. I thought maybe I had gotten left out of the loop, it's nice to now know otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never gonna give you up either! Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My head hurts after reading this post. It doesn't help that I have that song stuck in my head too.

    ReplyDelete