Friday, September 20, 2019

Payday Pack - The Golden Mookie

Ever since I started doing my Payday Pack series, I've found that whenever I buy a pack, I will often create a draft with the cards I get and pick a top 3. That way if I want to use that pack as a post I have the rough skeleton in place. It also means I have drafts that just sit unfinished. This pack of Series 1 Topps has been sitting among my drafts since February. I'm actually surprised I didn't complete it and show it off considering the first place card I pulled.

Oh well, I'm showing it off now. It's always fun to look back on cards long forgotten and appreciate them anew!

3rd Place

2019 Topps - 1984 Topps
#T84-32 Robin Yount

You know you picked a good pack when you get a Hall of Fame player in a classic powder blue uniform on a design from your childhood - and it only gets 3rd place.

2nd Place

2019 Topps  #201 Marcus Semien

Marcus Semien is sneaky good. I only know this because he's one of those guys I seem to end up with on fantasy teams. He's Didi Gregorius without the "Look at me, I play for the Yankees" hype. I love card photos where the guy runs so hard his helmet flies off. Dude is just straight up flying!

1st Place

2019 Topps - Gold  #50 Mookie Betts

Like I said, I'm surprised I didn't show this off soon after pulling it from the pack! It's a serial numbered Mookie for goodness sake! What was I waiting for?

Other Contestants Not Appearing On Stage:
#206 Jaime Barria
#264 Avisail Garcia
#343 Sal Romano
#16 Charlie Blackmon
#311 Jake Bauers (RC)
#315 Duane Underwood Jr (RC)
#67 Danny Jansen (RC)
#43 Nick Burdi (RC)
#156 Luis Castillo
#306 Justus Sheffield (RC)
#341 Nationals Park
#12 Crackin' Jokes
#310 Javier Baez
#59 Zack Godley
#179 Jackie Bradley Jr
#335 Ervin Santana
#RA-25 High Five (Ronald Acuna Jr Superstar Highlights)
#TN-2 Shohei Ohtani (Topps Now insert)
#314 David Price (WS)
#6 Max Scherzer (LL)
#144 Jake Arrieta
#279 Rhys Hoskins
#199 Mike Clevinger
#158 Byron Buxton
#225 Yadier Molina
#41 Corey Seager
#152 Teoscar Hernandez
#259 Jonathan Schoop
#22 Adalberto Mondesi
#109 Michael Conforto
#224 Odubel Herrera

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you might have to start working on the 2019 gold Red Sox as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mookie Betts 2019 Topps base card enough as is, but that gold parallel? Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete