Friday, July 2, 2021

My First Sportslots Order - Part 1

Have you ever looked at a set you were working on, and thought: "Enough wasting time, this set is getting completed now!" ? I reached that point with the 1981 Topps set. Those last dozen cards have been missing for awhile now. It was time to put this baby to bed. I decided to give Sportlots a try. I've looked at the web site before, but never bought anything until now. It seemed a little cumbersome when it came to finding what you needed without having to check out a bunch of different sellers. In the end, I was able to find most of what I needed from one seller:
 

 
"Most" being the key word. This seller had 11 of the 12 I needed, and I had no choice but to find a second seller to complete this set.
 
Overall it wasn't too bad. This seller was super quick with shipping and I had these in hand within a few days. Outside of the dreaded scotch tape, they were well protected/packaged too.
 
Stay tune for Part 2 - where the final card of the set is revealed!

6 comments:

  1. Good finds there. Robin Yount is always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gotten to the point where I just need to complete a set a few times... and I used Sportslots too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to finish a set on Sportlots.. but as you'll see in a future post, it didn't go as planned.

    Can't wait to see your final '81.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an underrated set. I really like the design. Congratulations on completing it! (Also, thanks for reminding me to try sportlots.)

    ReplyDelete