Monday, June 19, 2017

SEC - Bracket Match Up #4

Tie-breaker Enforced! Read All About It!


I gave this one some extra time, in the hopes that I'd get just one more comment. It wasn't meant to be, and I had to use my tie-breaker. Bye Bye Jimmy!

Our next match-up has some great international flavor to it. If I did this during the World Baseball Classic, I would have totally played up the countries of origin here. We have one of the greatest pitchers to come over from Cuba against arguably the greatest pitcher from Panama.

1968 Topps #532 Luis Tiant
VS
2015 Topps Eclipsing History #EH-6 Mariano Rivera/Whitey Ford

The Case For Luis Tiant: Burlap is cool again, right? El Tiante has always been cool.

The Case For Mariano Rivera: Don't vote for him. It's a Yankee card.*sigh* Okay, Okay...greatest closer of all time...blah blah blah...future Hall of Famer...blah blah blah...Metallica rocks.

I have my favorite, who is yours? I leave the vote in your hands!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for voting Kin! I was wondering what I'd do if no one voted.

      Delete