For the past 3 years, I have taken a look at
how the past year has impacted my collection, and I thought I should continue again this year and see what changed in
2020 saw this blog turn 3 years old. As any parent could tell you, the
"Terrible Twos" has nothing on the 3rd year. Hopefully 2021 will be nicer to
all of us! This year also saw me reach
the 500 posts milestone!
- I initiated an internet prank for April Fools Day, getting 25 other blogs to post about the exact same card - a 1988 Score Phil Niekro (RIP Phil!)
- The Time Travel Trading Project continues to go strong! Although I didn't break any new ground for oldest card, I did make a record 24 trades this year, a average of two/month!
- Many of those trades came through the TCDB. I reached a new high with trading this year thanks to 42 trades through that web site.
- I received a TTM autographed card of Kyle Hendricks, over 3 years after I first mailed it out to him!
- Last year's collecting goal, my Golden Sox Project, made some slow but steady progress, adding 4 more cards to the collection, giving me 8 out of 31 so far.
- I completed 5 sets/inserts in 2020, including my first "modern" set since I got back into collecting! (2019 Topps Holiday, 1992 St. Vincent HOF Heroes Stamps, 1987 Topps - Glossy All-Stars, 1989 Fleer, 1994 Post Cereal)
2019 Diamond Jesters Blog Stats
Number of posts: 174 (3 more than last year, and tied with 2018 for most in a year!)
Month with the most posts: 18 posts in January
Top 5 viewed posts: (Last year, my little blog had 44 posts with over 100 page views. I guess even the spam-bots had a down year, as I only reached that view mark 16 times this year. )
- 2020 Obligatory Hall Of Fame Post (218 views)
- Repack Haiku #146 (Phil Niekro) (206 views)
- Time Travel Trading Update #38 (204 views)
- It Still Counts! (182 views)
- Time Travel Trading Update #39 (128 views)
For the second year in a row, my Hall of Fame post gets the most views. I'm
guessing the title is generic enough to show up in search engines, as I tend
to see this post get more views during the voting season.
Followers: 60 (Somehow I gained 11 followers this year! Thanks to everyone who takes the time to read my little blog!)
(Stats courtesy of the Trading Card Database)
Total number of cards: 44,088 (When I initially looked this up, it showed
only a gain of 50 cards from last year. I knew that wasn't right, and then
realized I didn't include over 800 cards in my trade collection - that made up
Cards from 2020 sets: 356 (This is down from 1,268 last year - stupid Covid/stupid flippers!)
Red Sox cards: 4,250 (No other team has more than 1,900)
Autographed cards: 24 (7 new this year: Kelly Gruber, Kyle Hendricks, Deven Marrero, Francellis Montas, Jim Rice, Gabe Speier, Teddy Stankiewicz)
Graded cards: 1 (No new cards this year)
Relic cards: 18 (3 new this year: Josh Beckett, Derek Lowe, Kevin Youkilis)
|Thanks again, Dennis!|
At least from a collecting standpoint, 2020 was a decent year. I'm looking forward to what 2021 might bring!